Sales Intelligence helps you find more leads, win more deals, grow your business, and retain your accounts. It infuses your CRM with the essential company and contact data, business insights, and selling triggers; and connects directly to your largest referral networks and social media feeds. The information in Insights is updated continuously from more than 40,000 financial and social media sources and validated with Sales Intelligence MTV data science technology to ensure that you have the most accurate and complete lead information
This article provides quick-start instructions to get started with Sales Intelligence in Salesforce CRM
- Getting Started – Sales Intelligence on the Account and Opportunity Page
- Company Information – All of Your Research in One Place
- Syncing Account Information in Salesforce
- Insights – The News You Need
- People – It’s About Who You Know
- Syncing Contact Information in Salesforce
- Searching the Database
- Building Lists in Sales Intelligence Cloud
Getting Started – Sales Intelligence on the Account and Opportunity Page
- In the Account or Opportunity page, scroll halfway down and you’ll see the Sales Intelligence window.
- The information that you’ll see on this page is divided into three different categories: Company Info, Insights, and People.
Company Information – All of Your Research in One Place
The Company Info tab will give you the following information:
- Company Description
- Industry Information
- Family Tree (Subsidiaries and Acquisitions)
- Web Site
Tip: If you find that the account in Sales Intelligence does not match what you have in Salesforce, click on the pencil icon next to the name of the company and select a different company.
Tip: If you find that information in an account record is incorrect, just let us know. Click on the Wrong Info flag on the top right and let our content team know what’s wrong. If we can verify the error, we’ll let you know in 48 hours.
Syncing Account Information in Salesforce
- On the top right-hand side of the Mashup, click Update CRM.
- You will see a screen that compares the data that exists in the Sales Intelligence database with the information that you have in Salesforce. Choose the fields that you would like to update by clicking the checkboxes on the right-hand side.
- Click on the Update button on the top or bottom of the screen to update the field.
- The Sync Account Data screen appears.
The data in Salesforce is now updated.
Insights – The News You Need
Sales Intelligence will give you news from 40,000 different sources all over the world and categorize them according to the topic. That allows you to see the news that you want to see.
Tip: If you don’t see any news on your company, don’t stress. We also push information from a company’s blog, its Twitter feed, and its Facebook page. Some of the best information that you’ll find sometimes is right there on social media.
People – It’s About Who You Know
Sales Intelligence works 24/7 to find out who works at a company and allows you the ability to find people based on their level at the company and what department they work in. In the example below, we show you everyone in Marketing at the VP level.
Tip: You can find people based on the department that they work in, their level in the company, their location, or how you’re connected to them. Just use the filter screen on the left.
Syncing Contact Information in Salesforce
Searching the Sales Intelligence Database
There are two ways to access the Sales Intelligence home screen to search the entire database:
- Open Sales Intelligence Home from the widget window on a Salesforce record from the navigation bar in the top right corner.
- Access the Sales Intelligence app (custom tab) in Salesforce.
Researching Companies from the Sales Intelligence Database
To find information about a company or a person in the Web version, type in the name of the company in the Search field at the top.
The company’s profile appears on the screen:
Building Lists in Sales Intelligence
- Click Build a List on the top right corner of the screen.
- Insert the criteria that you would like Sales Intelligence to incorporate into your list.
- Click Search .
- Sales Intelligence returns your results.
- To export the data to a spreadsheet, click Export .
- Click Save Search to save the search. In the Save Search dialog box, enter a logical name for your search.