- "API access disabled" error in Salesforce App.
- “Apex Class” error in Salesforce App when opening an account.
- "Cannot log in from current domain" error in Salesforce App.
- "Cannot reference converted lead" error when updating Lead data.
- "Duplicate Value" error when exporting Contact data.
- How do I access Sales Intelligence from my Salesforce account?
- How do I block the export of new contacts from Sales Intelligence to Salesforce?
- How do I remove Opportunity Alerts from my Salesforce homepage?
- How do I restrict Sales Intelligence access from specific users?
- "Insufficient Privileges" error in Salesforce App.
- "Insufficient access rights on object id" error in Salesforce App.
- "Invalid Session ID" error when exporting data.
- Sync Data Error during Account Sync.
- "The MailingStateCode contains XX, which isn't an available state" error when exporting data.
- "TotalRequests Request Limit" error when exporting data.
- Where can I locate my Salesforce Org ID?
- Which Salesforce object types can I sync into?
- Why am I getting an error when loading the Salesforce App?
- Why are Salesforce fields not appearing during Multi-Sync option?
- Why can only the Administrator see the Sales Intelligence Salesforce App?
- "Upgrade to the latest version" error when exporting data.
- "You first need to access the Sales Intelligence CRM mash-up from within an Accounts/Leads/Opportunities..." error in Salesforce App.
Q: How to resolve the error: “API access is either disabled for your organization or is not available in your edition of Salesforce.com. Please ask your Salesforce.com administrator about enabling API access.”
A: The error messages occurs in the following cases:
- You are using the Group or Contact Manager Editions of Salesforce.
- You don’t have Sync/Export permissions.
Please note that Demandbase does not support Sync/Export in the Group and Contact Manager editions of Salesforce. If you are using a different edition and still getting the error message, you need to contact your Salesforce administrator to enable sync/export permissions.
Q: Why do I see an"Apex Class" error when I open an Account?
A: To resolve this issue, add the apex class permission to this user by following these steps to create a permission set:
- Log into Salesforce, go to Setup > search for PermissionSet.
- In the Permission Set page, click New to create a new set.
- Enter Label and API Name as "InsideView". You can enter your desired name for identification purposes.
- Click Save.
- Select Apex Class Access from the Apps and click Edit.
- Search for the following Class as illustrated:
- Add them to Enabled Apex Classes from Available and click Save.
- Go to Manage Assignments > Add Assignments and select the users who for whom Apex Class error was displayed and Click Assign.
Q: How to resolve the error: “There was some problem while performing this operation - cannot log in from current domain. Please contact support for assistance."
A: This error may occur when Demandbase IP addresses have not been added to the Trusted IP addresses in Salesforce.
- Log into Salesforce, go to Setup > search for Network Access.
- On the Network Access page, check if the following IP addresses are listed under the Trusted IP Ranges: Start IP: 22.214.171.124 and End IP: 126.96.36.199. Another IP range (Start IP: 188.8.131.52 and End IP: 184.108.40.206)
- If the specified IP addresses are not added, click New and enter them.
Q: Why do I see this error when trying to update information for a Lead: “There was some problem while performing this operation – cannot reference converted lead.”
A: This is an expected behavior. This error occurs when the Lead you are trying to update has been converted into an Account (and is no longer a Lead.)
Q: Why do I see this error when trying to to export contacts to Salesforce: “Looks like we ran into an issue. There was some problem while performing this operation - A duplicate value was specified for field 'AccountId' in object 'Contact', duplicate value..."
A: To resolve the issue:
- Log into Salesforce, go to Setup > search for Profile.
- Select the profile you want to edit.
- Scroll down to the Record Type Setting section.
- Click Edit next to Accounts and select any record type except the Parent Account. Going forward, the parent account record type will be excluded and new accounts can be synced.
Q: How do I access Demandbase from my Salesforce account?
A: Click on any existing Account/Lead/Contact/Opportunity in Salesforce and you will see the Sales Intelligence application embedded on the page. You can also launch the stand-alone application either by typing in your search term in the Search Sales Intelligence box, or by clicking the Open in Sales Intelligence link within the iframe in the pages.
Q: How do I remove the Opportunity Alerts from my Salesforce homepage?
A: To resolve the issue:
- Log into Salesforce, go to Setup > search for Home Page Layouts.
- On the Home Page Layouts page, click Edit next to Sales Intelligence home.
- On the Edit Home Page Layout page, under the Select Wide Components to Show section, uncheck Opportunity Alerts.
- Click Next and click Save.
Q: How can I remove specific users across various profiles from accessing Sales Intelligence?
A: Refer to this Salesforce article to customize your Home Page Layouts.
Q: How to resolve the error: “Insufficient Privileges. You do not have the level of access necessary to perform this operation…”
A: Enable access to the Visualforce components for the user profiles.
- Log into Salesforce, go to Setup > search for Visualforce Pages.
- In the Visualforce page, click the Security link next to InsideView Account Connector
- Add the appropriate profiles to the Enabled Profiles box.
- Repeat Steps 3 & 4 for the following:
- InsideView Contact Connector
- InsideView Lead Connector
- InsideView Opportunity Connector
Q: How to resolve the error: "There was some problem while performing this operation - insufficient access rights on object id. Please contact support for assistance."
A: This error occurs when you do not have sufficient privileges to import records into Salesforce. You will need to contact your Salesforce administrator for import permissions.
fQ: Why do I see this error when trying to export records from Sales Intelligence to Salesforce: "Invalid Session ID"
A: To resolve the issue:
- Close all browsers.
- Launch Sales Intelligence widget from Salesforce to start a new session.
- Perform the export function again.
- If the problem persists, reach out to your Salesforce administrator to confirm that the Lock sessions to the IP address from which they originated option is unchecked in the Session Security settings of Salesforce.
Q: How to resolve the error: “Sync Account Data. Sorry, Salesforce.com had a problem while updating this account. Please try again later.”
A: To resolve the issue, remove the Date Field value requirement.
- Log into Salesforce, go to Setup > search for Accounts > Fields.
- Under the Account Custom Fields & Relationships section, click Edit next to Date.
- On the next page, under the General Options section, uncheck Always require a value in this field in order to save a record > Save.
Q: How to resolve the error: "The MailingStateCode contains XX, which isn't an available state. Your administrator can add it for you."
A: If the State and Country field types are "predefined picklists" in Salesforce, both fields must be mapped during the export. Note: XX is the ISO code for State/Country.
- Export both “Country'' and “State” fields together.
- Salesforce cannot identify the State if there is no associated Country.
- Map Country/State Codes to the correct Salesforce field type. For example:
- State code mapped to MailingStateCode
- Country code mapped to MailingCountryCode.
- Map all Country/State data to the same Salesforce field. For example:
- Executive State & Company State code mapped to MailingStateCode.
- Executive Country & Company Country code mapped to MailingCountryCode.
- If the problem persists, reach out to your Salesforce administrator to add Country/State codes to the picklists.
See this Salesforce article for more information.
Q: How to resolve the error: “TotalRequests Request Limit exceeded..?" or "There was an error while exporting data to your CRM. Please try again later.”
A: This error occurs when you may have exceeded the export limit set by Salesforce.com. Salesforce implements certain export restrictions based on the edition of the Salesforce CRM you are using.
Reach out to your Salesforce administrator to reset the export restriction for your account. You can also contact Salesforce customer support at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Q: Where can I locate my Org ID in Salesforce?
A: Follow the steps below to locate the Org ID:
- Log into Salesforce, go to Setup > search for Company Information.
- You can view your Org ID in the Salesforce.com Organization ID field.
Q: Which Salesforce object types can I sync into?
A: You can sync into Account, Lead, Contact and Opportunity objects.
Q: Why am I getting an error when loading the Salesforce App?
A: To resolve the issue, enable Salesforce permissions to contact Sales Intelligence.
- Log into Salesforce, go to Setup > search for Security Settings
- Uncheck Lock sessions to the domain in which they were first used > Save.
Q: Some of the fields in Salesforce aren't showing up during the Multi-Sync option.
A: Only the following fields are available for Multi-Sync:
- Salesforce.com fields that are mapped to Sales Intelligence fields.
- Unmapped fields which are marked as “Required.”
Q: Why can only the Administrator see the Sales Intelligence Salesforce App?
A: To resolve the issue, enable other users access to the Sales Intelligence Salesforce App.
- Log into Salesforce, go to Setup > search for Session Settings.
- Under the Session Settings section, uncheck Lock sessions to the IP address from which they originated > Save.
Q: How to resolve the error: “This feature is not available in the current version of your Demandbase package. Please upgrade to the latest version of Demandbase to get full access.”
A: It’s time for you to upgrade to the latest version of Sales Intelligence. Note that you do not need to reinstall the S-Controls to upgrade. Please follow the steps below to upgrade to the latest Sales Intelligence package:
- Open https://appexchange.salesforce.com/appxListingDetail?listingId=a0N300000016a6MEAQ.
- Click Get It Now and then click Login to the App Exchange.
- Enter your Salesforce username and password.
- Click Get It Now.
- Follow the wizard to complete the upgrade installation.
Q: How to resolve the error: "Hi there! You first need to access the InsideView CRM widget from within an Accounts/Leads/Opportunities page before using search."
A: Click the Accounts tab in your Salesforce, open an account, load the Sales Intelligence section of the page, and then go back to use the Sales Intelligence search box from the Home tab.