Salesforce allows customers to create account hierarchies (i.e. family tree relationships of a company) to give customers a more complete picture of their customers and prospects. Data Integrity provides comprehensive company data including a unique identifier that enables automatic account linking in Salesforce by populating Demandbase IDs into the Parent ID field on each account.
By automatically creating and updating Salesforce account hierarchies to mirror our family tree data, you can ensure that you always have the most up-to-date and complete company data, enabling your revenue teams to better understand customers and prospects and grow relationships.
- Integrate Data Integrity and Salesforce. See Setting Up an Integration for Salesforce CRM in Data Integrity.
- Before enabling the Account Hierarchy flows in Data Integrity, disable existing account hierarchy flows in your Salesforce (if these flows are enabled).
- Before running the data management process, reduce the Batch size to 100. See Setting Up an Integration for Salesforce CRM in Data Integrity.
- Install the latest Demandbase package in your Salesforce instance. See Installing Demandbase (InsideView) Insights in Salesforce CRM. This package will create the following fields on the Account and Lead object in Salesforce:
Note: These fields will NOT be available in Field Mapping but can be synced to Salesforce.
- Insideview Company ID
- Insideview Parent ID
- Insideview Ultimate Parent ID
If you want to process more than 200,000 records as part of a query using Data Integrity, the Account Hierarchy flow may not execute successfully. This is due to a SOQL query limitation and the Salesforce will likely return an error.
Workaround: Contact the Salesforce support team and share the following account hierarchy SOQL queries with them:
- SELECT Id, iv__InsideView_Parent_Company_ID__c FROM Account where iv__InsideView_Parent_Company_ID__c = 733081(use any parent ID that exists in CRM) limit 20
- SELECT Id, iv__InsideView_Parent_Company_ID__c FROM Account where iv__InsideView_Company_ID__c = 10322153(use any IV ID that exists in CRM) limit 1
Ask the Salesforce support team to "index" the InsideView Company ID and InsideView Parent Company ID fields on the account record.